2017/11/14

Dear Diary: Trip to Budapest 8 "The Pub"



This is Szimpla Kert, Budapest's well-known ruin pub.

Instead of renovating old abandoned building, they use the building as is for bar and cafe, etc. All the sections were decorated with lots of junks, and created very unique atmosphere. Cool and kitsch, felt like sneaking in streetboys' hidden hangout spot.


If you watched "Moleman 2" (documentary about demoscene culture) you might recognize this view. This place was used to film its interview and Szilárd, a director of this film mentioned in my interview as a recommended spot in Budapest. 

Szilárd kindly took some time to see me while I was in Budapest, and we could talk over a cup of tea in this place. It was one of those “Life is funny” moments for me, and I was very happy to finally meet him and say thanks to him in person. (My interview with demosceners started because of this film.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...