My laptop started to act funnily.
Sometimes it decides to beep endlessly, and doesn't show me anything.
I remove all the cables and pat and speak to it in sweet way. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And now seems like it beeps more frequently.
I wonder how long the duration of computer's life is...
In the official guidebook of Japan Income tax return, durable years of computer is stated as 4 years. But this doesn't account of its operating time, so it's quite unclear.
In my case, it has been always around 3 years. Either I make them taste coffee and they screamed "nnnnnnnn" and stop, or it became unbearably slow that I or my coworkers couldn't take it. I don't dare to open the computers lid and exchange parts (further catastrophe is predicted), so once that happens it's time to get a new one.
My current "bad-tempered" laptop is almost 3 years old. Except the fact that it occasionally beeps when I open (well, it's actually a big problem), I like how it works. It's really fast and it's very clear (it's my very first GeForce-powered laptop. I don't know what this does though. I blame demoscene for this) so I'm hoping to use it longer. What I'm gonna do is, ask google and keep encouraging when it beeps.
By the way, I'd like to share a few things I've learnt from past experience (if you happen to be a tech savvy person, please skip):
- Usually, pink or milky-colored laptops come with many unnecessary software and functions and higher-priced. If your top priority is not a color, you may want to think twice.
- Unless you do know what to do, "customize option" is not always a good idea.
- Vista was really not a good idea.
- Not everyone who opens Mac laptop at Starbucks is tech savvy.
- When you buy a computer at the store, don't trust chatty staffs loitering around "NEW!!" -tagged computers. Don't trust someone who starts shooting jargon when you ask something simple either. They're not experts. In my opinion, the word "CPU" should not be come from their mouth before buyer says it. Find a store staff who quietly listens to what you need and budget.
And most importantly,
- Be extremely careful when you drink hot beverage before laptops.